I started school in September 2012 hoping that it would kickstart a new chapter in my life. I wanted to reconnect with my self and my brain. I made a lot of decisions that August based entirely on chance, which is part of what inspired the name of this blog. I wasn't always sure it would pay off.
There were some dark days. Days when the work seemed meaningless and the assignments tedious. I questioned everything, especially my decision to get another undergrad degree instead of a masters. Should I have waited another year? Should I have moved to another city? Should I have chosen a different program?
And there were days on the other side. I met some amazing people I hope to call friends for a very long time. I engaged in my studies in a way I never bothered to during my first degree. I learned from bright minds, both in the classroom and away from it.
My goal at the beginning of this all was to have people fighting over me when I graduated. I didn't want to have to look for a job, I wanted the jobs to come to me. It was the only goal I had. It kept me
awake at night. It pushed me to ask strangers out for coffee and go to networking events when I wanted to stay home and watch Netflix. Learning how to hustle for what I want is probably the most important lesson I learned throughout it all.
![]() |
| Sassy and Educated. |
And it paid off. On June 17th I walked across the stage with my peers and accepted my degree. I hope I carry the lessons I learned from the experience with me for a very long time. At least until I need another reset. In the meantime, you can find me in the Bay Area, working for a large tech company.
Over/Undergrad is Over and Graduated.
I won't be posting on this blog anymore, but if you want to stay caught up with me, you can find me at charlottenesbitt.com. Thanks for reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment