The following is the best of my recollection of the email I sent to my teacher in response to the mark I received on my last post. I unfortunately realized too late that my school's archaic email system does not have a "sent mail" folder.
Dear M,
Thank you for your feedback. The mark was better than I expected. I knew I was taking a risk. I did not mean to offend. I hope that you understand that my frustration is with the course and not you as a teacher.
As for your suggestion that I do something about my need for a challenge, I have little interest in graduate school. You are not the first prof to suggest it. In our discussion last week you asked if we thought we were learning how to learn in our courses. I would respond that we are learning the opposite and I'm not convinced that graduate studies would be any better. The more time I spend around academia, the more disdainful I am of its inherent elitism. The 14 year old in me who wanted to attend Oxford cringes at that.
I apologize for my tendency to be overly outspoken in class. It is a bad habit from my rebellious teenage years that has made an unexpected comeback. I know I need to temper it, but maybe one day I'll start a revolution or turn into a Hemingway and you can look back and say, "I used to teach that witch."
Cheers,
Charlotte
No comments:
Post a Comment